Last weekend I preached at my friend Bil Cornelius' church in Corpus Christi, Texas. Wow! I love that church and love Pastor Bil. He has been a mentor, friend, and wise counselor in my life for years.
I preached from Proverbs 18:21 which says, "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those that love it will eat its fruit."
We can build people up or destroy people with our words.
We, as people of faith, need to speak life and blessing and encouragement over every person we know and ban condemnation and critical spirit from our lips. We want to build people up and never tear them down.
This is true in how we treat others and how we speak to ourselves. We need to, as David did, "Encourage ourselves in the Lord." (1 Samuel 30:6)
After one of the services, a guy at their church shared with me the positive faith affirmations he speaks over himself every morning when he wakes up.
He quoted these to me by heart, and they were so powerful. I was blown away!
I thought, "I need these!" So, he texted me the list, and I want to pass them on to you.
Maybe starting today you could speak these words over yourself. My guess is that they could truly help send your life in a good direction.
My Confession (speak these out loud in faith every day):
1. I walk in divine health.
2. I live under an open heaven.
3. I have no lack for any good thing.
4. I am prosperous and God delights in my prosperity.
5. I expect favor with God and with man.
6. I live in abundance.
7. I am blessed to be a blessing.
8. I am a lender and not a borrower.
9. My God shall supply all of my needs according to His riches and glory in Christ.
10. I walk in the fruit of the Spirit.
11. I hear from God.
12. My steps are ordered by the Lord.
13. God is my strength, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
14. I walk by faith and not by sight.
15. I enjoy my work and make the most of my time.
16. I am a person of excellence and integrity.
17. I have supernatural wisdom and discernment.
18. I walk in revelation and knowledge.
19. I am a person who forgives easily and loves all people.
20. The gifts of the Spirit operate in my life.
21. I am the head and not the tail.
22. I am blessed with every spiritual blessing.
23. I live every day in abundant joy.
24. I am strong in the Lord.
25. I am bold for Christ.
26. I am a soul winner.
27. I will fulfill my calling and the destiny that God has for me, and I expect God's best.
28. I use my talents and gifts to glorify God.
29. I am faithful and steadfast in the Lord.
30. I have the mind of Christ.
31. I have a teachable spirit.
32. I am strong in character and ready for anything.
33. I receive what I ask for, I find what I'm looking for, and the doors are open in my life.
If you would like to see this sermon, here is a link to a similar message I preached at The Crossing a year or two ago.
God bless you! I am cheering you on!