Here's my favorite section from last weekend's talk:
Grace doesn't lower commitment, it increases it!
- The law says don't commit adultery. Grace says don't lust. (Matthew 5:28)
- The law says don't murder people. Grace says don't hate on people. (Matthew 5:22)
- The law says fight your enemies. Grace says love your enemies. (Matthew 5:44)
- The law says eye for an eye. Grace says turn the other cheek. (Matthew 5:39)
- The law says to tithe. Grace says give sacrificially.
Let me give you some examples:
- One lady gave an entire year's wages. (John 12)
- The first believers sold everything and gave it to the church. (Acts 2:44-45)
- Jesus gave it all. (John 3:16)
Grace does not lower standards or commitments. It doesn't ask how can I get out of honoring God and live for self. No way!
God's grace is so beautiful and powerful, it empowers us to live our lives sacrificially for Jesus. He is worthy of our everything, and we willingly surrender all because He is worth it all.
No one twists our arms to honor Christ. We do so with joy! We get to honor Jesus with all we have: time, money, conversation, attitude, and actions. He is our everything.
Watch the whole talk from part two of our JUICE series: